The urge to write down a meaning or a statement is an experience that almost everybody had. Professional writers do stand on one extreme point of this writing urge in a way that is much likened to a tree that provides fruits with time. In other words, for some people writing and composing is as much as a compulsive behavior. The first person to judge this humanitarian act of writing is always the writer. Although the drive may be quite lively, the essay would pass certain phases of revision, refinement and polishing before it could be made available for the candidate reader. On doing so, the writer should not only be keen on grammatical and syntactic form but also on instantaneity, spontaneity and originality. Here, one could see the talent of writing like an art of passion and reasoning.
The palatability of an essay is far beyond objective assessment being a sincere effort and a personal secret. Though the art of writing, like any other work, can be learned, the value of the text would be attributable to person’s essence rather than the essay’s weavings. Here are some parameters that can be considered on critically appraising an essay.
- Instantaneity: this could show the drive and urge to write that essay.
- Spontaneity: this could concern the passion and honesty of the writer.
- Originality: this could attribute the essay to the writer directly as compared to plagiarism.
- Novelty: this could point to the unprecedented thoughts of the writer.
- Logic: this could reflect the agreement of the essay with the fair human reasoning.
- Wording: this could refer to the appropriateness of the used words and expressions.
- Grammar and syntax: these could handle with language usages and word forms.