The name reflects the shape of the bread pieces that shows fine spikes on its surface. The key to make this bread is to have your dough a bit tough so that on shaping the bread pieces, we do not use either flour or oil 🙂 It tastes good and you may add very little sesame seeds, black seeds, etc. on top or inside your dough pieces.
– All purpose flour
– Dry baking yeast
– Sesame seeds, black seeds, fennel seeds (optional)
– Add the dry baking yeast to your flour (about 1 gm/150 flour). Then, add water little by little and treat the dough until it is a bit tough.
– Cover the dough for some time (1-3 hours in average) until it is reasonably fermented)
– Shape your dough in round pieces without using flour or oil, you will notice a kind of fine spikes on the surface of the dough pieces, and put the pieces sequentially in a clean and dry baking vessel.
– Add very little sesame seeds, black seeds, fennel seeds, or whatever you like on top (optional)
– Preheat the oven to 200-250 C.
– Put your baking in the oven and watch carefully.
And enjoy 🙂