– 3 whole eggs
– About 2/3 cup sugar
– 4/5 cup vegetable (corn) oil
– 1 cup all purpose flour
– About 1/2 gm vanilla powder
– About 1 gm baking powder
– Juice of 1 orange
– In a suitable pot add the sugar, oil and eggs together and mix well.
– Add the vanilla to the mixture, and mix again.
– Add the flour and the baking powder to the contents in the pot and mix well. Use an electric mixer to have a good mixing, if possible.
– Add the orange juice, and mix again very well.
– Pour the contents into the oven vessel after covering its floor gently with few drops of vegetable oil.
– Preheat the oven to 180 C, and then put vessel with the raw cake into the oven. Watch carefully until the cake is nicely cooked and smells good.
This time we had 3 eggs (more than we did in the first try) and only one cup of flour (compared to 2 cups we had before), you will notice the cake this time is much lighter: a semi-sponge cake! Good appetite 🙂